Posts

Showing posts from April, 2014

SharePoint 2013 Search Service Activation Error

Image
I was configuring a new SharePoint 2013 Search Service when everything became stuck on service toplogy activation. It doesn’t matter whether I tried to configure Search using PowerShell or Central Administration the search service topology simply won’t activate. Search service & all its associated databases were created successfully but when I tried to activate a new search topology, created by cloning an existing topology, commands will fail. My SharePoint 2013 environment I was configuring a new Search Service Application on Windows Server 2012 Standard, SQL Server 2012 and SharePoint Server 2013 SP1. It was a single server SharePoint environment with SQL installed elsewhere. Servers have been joined to corporate domain & have Windows security features like Firewall etc activated.Error messages in ULS logsULS logs were filling up with following error messages:“Content Plugin can not be initialized - list of CSS addresses is not set.” (Note: This error starts to appear in UL…